Even if Corona unceremoniously canceled our planned special trips in the Advent and pre-Christmas period, we will still close the year 2021 with many remarkable successes:
- After fifteen years of manual operation, the turntable turned electrically again in a trial run. The last settings and fine adjustments are now on the work program.
- The replacement of hundreds of ailing wooden sleepers around the turntable, including straightening and tamping the beam tracks, was completely completed.
- The locomotive shed forecourt has been paved by KREBS & SUHR and the drainage of the rail-side locomotive shed roof has been completely renewed by THULLESEN.
- Most of the coal rail track was renewed in-house and is now waiting for ballasting, tamping and welding.
- The infrastructure connection contract with DB Netz for our southern connection, which was completed a year ago, is now available and has some significant advantages over previous contracts. The contract will start on January 1st, 2022.